Loch Lomond Rugby Club’s P7 team were guests of honour at Glasgow Warriors’ Scotstoun Stadium when they took part in a rugby festival before Warriors clash with Southern Kings last Friday and won the chance to play at half-time.

The tournament was split into two groups with group winners having the chance to play on the Scotstoun pitch durin the interval of the warriors v Kings clash.

The young Lomond side were in a pool with Waysiders, Biggar and Ardrossan.

In their first game of the tournament Lomond faced off against Biggar and soon fell behind.

But Lomond quickly struck back, Biggar over committed at the ruck and Lomond quickly moved the ball into the space in the defence and ran through for their first try

Lomond were now looking confident and putting Biggar under a lot of pressure in attack and defence. Lomond scored one more try before Biggar powered over with another of their own, only for Lomond to score straight away to restore the advantage and secure a 3-2 win

Their second match was against familiar opposition Waysiders Drumpelier and Lomond started with a bang and scored straight from the kick off. They didn’t let up and ran out worthy winners 4-0.

The final game of the group stage was against Ardrossan and a draw would be good enough to see them play in the final. Despite this Ardrossan caught Lomond off guard and scored an early try, Lomond fought back strongly and scored four unanswered tries to win 4-1 and book their place in the final against Stewartry.

Before the final, some of the squad who were not playing, took to the main pitch in the guard of honour, waving flags as both teams ran out onto the pitch.

The final was held on the main pitch at Scotstoun in front of a sell out crowd of over 7,000.

As soon as the whistle sounded Lomond settled into their normal game pattern, pushing hard in defence and fast paced in attack.

Lomond played the full seven minutes in Stewartry’s half and threatened the try line on several occasions but couldn’t get the crucial try.

In the end both teams were forced to settle for a draw.

The team could then relax and focus on cheering on Glasgow Warriors, who rounded off the night with a comprehensive 43-13 win over Southern Kings.