Dumbarton won their second game on the bounce on Saturday thanks to a 3-1 victory over Stranraer at the C&G Systems Stadium.

Leon Murphy curled the visitors ahead with a free-kick but Isaac Layne bagged a quick equaliser just five minutes later.

In the second-half, new loan signing Reghan Tumilty fired Sons into the lead before Layne got his second and Dumbarton’s third to seal the points.

There was just one change from last week’s victory at Peterhead with Tumilty, who arrived on loan from Morton until January just hours before kick-off, replacing Lewis Crawford at right-back.

In the early stages, PJ Crossan picked out Layne in the penalty box, but the 24-year-old couldn’t quite get his feet sorted out and the visitors were able to scramble the ball clear.

Tumilty then skewed an effort just wide of the bottom corner as he intended to mark his debut with a goal.

Morgyn Neill was next to try his luck as he smartly brought the ball down on his chest and half-volleyed just over the bar following a corner.

The Blues were then awarded a free-kick after 20 minutes after a needless shove from Neill on the back of former Son Ryan Thomson.

Murphy stepped up to take the set-piece, dinking the ball over the wall and past the diving Conor Brennan.

But Sons were level just five minutes later with Layne firing home from six-yards out after Conor Scullion’s shot deflected into his path.

Neither side could find another goal before the break, although Joe McKee nearly picked out a Dumbarton shirt after a mazy run saw him skip by four Stranraer challenges before Jordon Allan flashed a shot across goal for Stranraer up the other end.

In the second-half, Thomson drilled the ball across goal and it could have gone anywhere, however, it was gratefully clutched by Brennan after bouncing off teammate Ryan McGeever.

Ruaridh Langan headed over the bar from close range for Dumbarton and Scullion couldn’t quite reach Crossan’s lobbed pass before the home side went ahead for the first-time of the afternoon.

Layne dinked the ball over the onrushing Jamie Hamill and burst into the box before picking out Tumilty who drilled the ball into the bottom corner from 18 yards.

But just a minute later Sons had to be alert to keep out a quick equaliser with Neill doing well to block David Dangana’s shot.

The threat continued from the visitors with Brennan doing well to adjust his body to gather a shot that had deflected off Thomson.

Stuart Carswell came off the bench after 71 minutes for his 100th Dumbarton appearance and flashed a shot just wide of the far post as Sons searched for a goal to seal the game.

For all the latest from Dumbarton and the Vale, click here

And the third would arrive on 76 minutes as Layne forced the ball through the legs of keeper Dale Burgess from close range.

Jim Duffy’s side were able to see the game out and now head to bottom side Montrose next week full of confidence following their well-deserved back-to-back wins.