For the second time in the space of a four days, Dumbarton came away from a game disappointed despite picking up another point against Queen of the South at the Rock to extend their unbeaten run to five domestic games on Tuesday night.

An own goal had Dumbarton ahead at half-time before former Son Stephen Dobbie equalised from the spot for Queen's.

Greg Morrison put Dumbarton 2-1 ahead with less than ten minutes to go, but just two minutes later a Sam Wardrop own goal gave the visitors a share of the points.

There was a starting spot for Dimitrios Froxylias after his wonder goal at East End Park on Saturday, replacing Morrison.

In a first half of few chances, it didn't take long for Dumbarton to go ahead.

Stuart Carswell won the ball in the final third before it then fell to Froxylias.

The Cypriot then played it out wide to Wardrop who's cross was met by Queen's player Callum Tapping, and his header looped into the far corner.

If anyone looked like scoring again in the first half it was probably Dumbarton, with Kyle Hutton pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

His cross-field ball to Calum Gallagher was impressive, however the winger couldn't get a decent show away to do the pass justice.

At the other end Connor Murray fired over the bar, and after a moment of miscommunication in the Sons box, Scott Gallacher had to make a close range stop to deny Lyndon Dykes.

There was still time for a Sons penalty shout, but the referee wasn't interested in Mark Stewart's protests after a Jason Kerr slide tackle in the box.

In the second half, The Doonhamers managed to get the influential Dobbie on the ball a lot more which made Queen's tick.

He fired off a shot that Gallacher saved down to his right, but on the 70 minute mark he got the goal that the visitors deserved for their second half performance.

A lunging tackle in the penalty box from Carswell on former Dumbarton loanee Chris Kane gave referee Alan Newlands no choice but to point to the spot.

Dobbie confidently stepped up and sent Gallacher the wrong way to even things up.

Sons made all three changes before the 80th minute as Ally Roy, Christian Nade and Morrison replaced Stewart, Gallagher and Froxylias.

Two of them would have the ball in the net before time was up.

And when Morrison met Tom Walsh's cross at the near post to nod the ball past Alan Martin to score his first goal in senior football, Sons were on track for three points with less than ten minutes to go.

However, at the other end a corner from Dobbie bounced off Wardrop and into the back of the net just two minutes later as Sons failed to see out a 2-1 lead for the second time this week.

There was still time for more drama, and after a great run from Roy, he got on the end of Walsh's cross to superbly finish at the back post.

Unfortunately for Dumbarton, Morrison was in an offside position and the officials adjudged the Ross County loanee to be interfering with play.

With no more chances for either side, 2-2 was the way it finished as Dumbarton now turn their attentions to facing the league leaders, St Mirren in Paisley on Saturday.